What we do
Changing lives for the better.
We give children and adults with learning and other disabilities the opportunity to achieve their full potential and live as independently as possible.
Ealing Mencap is a charity that was set up in 1965. We’re part of the Mencap network. We raise our own funds and operate entirely independently of the national organisation.
Changing lives for the better
- Offer services: offer a wide variety of services that put people and their families first. Services that give people with learning disabilities opportunities to make friends, develop life skills, find work and be part of their communities.
- Give advice: provide free advice and support that enables people with learning and other disabilities to move forward. Advice that gives them more choice and greater control over the way they live their lives.
- Influence change: stand up for people with learning disabilities, enabling them to speak out and get their voices heard. Educate others in the community. So that people can fully enjoy their rights and opportunities.
- Work in partnership: forge alliances with other organisations – like borough councils, businesses and charities – to offer people more choice and opportunities in a cost-conscious way. And to create change together.
- Provide expertise: use our specialist knowledge, experience and insight in the area of learning disabilities to enable our communities and partners to give people a better future.